Hello! Is there anybody out there?
In 2019, I asked for your input through a reader survey. It’s time to do it again. I want to find out what is or isn’t working with this blog.
Since the first survey, I have been working on improving my SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) and employed a copy editor who is fixing my typos and spelling errors. (Thanks Mum!) I have continued to write a long format post every week, and I included an additional weekly Photo of the Week post.
In 2020 I am going to
- Continue with my promotion of my home town with the Snapshots from Wollongong series.
- Have a focus on environmental issues, upcycling and how we can do better while using fewer resources.
- Replace the Photo of the Week challenge with a mini-documentary of the week. This could be really challenging!!
- Give quarterly updates on my Year of Zero (mainly to keep me accountable rather than entertain you!).
- Continue to champion the life and times of older women.
According to my stats, I have more than 468 followers, an increase of 34 since the last survey. Despite this, I rarely get more than 30 views on each of my posts. Does this mean no-one out there is reading or are you reading via the WordPress Reader page? Perhaps you are reading in your email rather than on the browser? Apparently, you only get “views” counted in your stats if readers read your post on your actual webpage. (In which case, I’d appreciate you opening the posts in your browser so I know you’re there.)
I’d like to get an idea of who is out there and why you’re reading (or not reading as the case may be)
Can you help me out by filling in this survey? Thanks! 😀
Please don’t add your name or other identifying information. It’s better if it’s anonymous and please play nice!
PS: I will collect responses and turn the survey off on March 6th 2020.